Football West’s Empowering People Scholarship Fund aims to develop the skills of people within the game, especially for those who face barriers to participation.
Football West is offering eligible individuals $500 to get on coaching courses, referee courses and workshops, as well as training for volunteers working in the administration of clubs and associations.
The Fund will see special consideration given to individuals whose circumstances have prevented them from being able to access Football West or other courses previously.
The Empowering People Scholarship Fund aims to reach the following priority areas:
- People who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Women and Girls
- People living with a disability
- People residing in regional or remote WA (including Peel)
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse or Non-English Speaking Backgrounds
- Youth (13-17)
- Seniors (60+)
- People from evidence-based low participation cohorts who have faced barriers to participating in the type of development opportunities as part of this fund
- People playing a key role in supporting participation of one or more of the above priority areas. i.e. coach of a women’s football team, Walking Football or inclusive program.
Applications open on Friday 23 July and close on Friday 13 August 3pm WST.